As the country plans for the Unlock 5.0, the Mumbai metros are all set to resume their functioning from 15th October in a phased manner. Contrary to this, the schools and all places of worship shall remain closed in Mumbai until further notice. While issuing the unlock guidelines, the State Government said that the Department of Urban Development will issue a standard operating protocol (SOP) for the restarting of the Mumbai metro in Unlock 5.0.
Apart from this, the Government has decided on opening government and private libraries from 15th October.
The rest of the activities that have been allowed to begin from 15th October are:
- The local weekly bazaars have been permitted to restart from the 15th of October in areas outside the containment zones. Regular shops can remain open from 9 am to 9 pm.
- The government informed that international air travel will be allowed as the Union Home Ministry permits it.
- The State Government has allowed the educational institutions to call 50 percent of the teaching and non-teaching staff for work related to online teaching and tele-counseling. This is reported to begin from 15th October but only in the non-containment areas.
- The State Government has also permitted the arrangement for marriages and other family functions but with a condition. The condition is to limit the guests to a total of 50 in the case of weddings and other functions. Whereas at a funeral, the number of guests should not exceed 20.
- Local gardens and open spaces will continue to function for the purpose of recreation.
- In the non-containment areas, Business to Business (B2B) exhibitions will be allowed to organize from 15th
- Domestic passengers checking-in at several airports will be immediately checked for COVID-19 symptoms. Stamping with indelible ink will be done away with.