The festival of Buddha Purnima is being celebrated today i.e- 7th May 2020. This festival is celebrated all over the world and it is considered auspicious, for both Hindus and Buddhists.
The festival of Buddha Purnima is traditionally to celebrate the birth of Lord Buddha who founded religion of Buddhism. The day is also celebrated to remember the time Buddha achieved nirvana. .
This year, the celebrations will be different owing to the lockdown, but people will observe a fast and pray at home.
Date & Time
Purnima Tithi Begins = 07:44 Am on 6. 5. 2020
Purnima Tithi Ends = 04:14 Pm on 7.May. 2020
- Buddham Sharanam Gachami
Om Mani Padme Hum
May Lord Buddha enlighten you on the path of love, peace, and truth.
Happy Buddha Purnima!
- Aroghyam Oka Goppa Varam!
Santrupti Oka Goppa Sampada !!
Viswassam Manchi Bandhavaim !!
Happy Buddha Jayanti
- Let your spirit fill with non-violence & truth. Happy Buddha Purnima!
- May Lord Buddha destroy all sins and obstacles of your life, Happy Buddha Purnima
- On Buddha Purnima…. Wishing that peace and tranquility be by your side… Today and Always! Happy Buddha Purnima!
- All that we are is the result of what we have thought. Happy Buddha Purnima
PM Modi at Buddha Purnima
Addressing the virtual Buddha Purnima event, PM Modi said, “India’s growth will always aid global growth.”
“India is constantly working to help other countries across the globe and will continue to do the same. To stop after getting tired cannot be a solution to any problem. All of us have to fight together to defeat coronavirus.” He added.
He tweeted, “Remembering the noble teachings of Lord Buddha.”
Remembering the noble teachings of Lord Buddha. https://t.co/nQWoa5qNX0
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) May 7, 2020