Amid the rising number of Covid-19 cases, few good stories in the nation have brought positivity in the public.
- The Health Ministry said that the recovery rate in the country has been 54.13 percent. So far, 2,13,830 people have been cured in the country. In the last 24 hours, 9,120 people have recovered.
- The Prime Minister launched the Garib Kalyan Rozgar Yojana through a video conference. With the help of this, migrant laborers will get work near their homes. This is a kind of campaign that will run for 125 days and under this, 25,000 migrant laborers from each district will be given employment in 116 districts of the country.
- The Government started sending the amount of Rs. 500 to the women account holders of Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana, PMJDY for the month of June. As the third Installment, 1,031.2 crore was deposited.
- On the eve of International Yoga Day, on Saturday, the government said that about 96,196 people have been trained as yoga teachers through various initiatives like Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana. Other government programs on skills include short-term training and special projects.
- Lifeline Udaan has operated 588 aircraft in the country. These cargo aircraft were operated during the Coronavirus crisis to supply medical equipment and other essential supplies. These aircrafts operated when services for passengers had been closed.
- Along with this, International Yoga Day 2020 is being promoted by politicians and celebrities. This year's theme is 'Yoga at Home and Yoga with Family'. Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the nation on the occasion of International Yoga Day 2020.